You’re invited to attend our monthly virtual events.
MedStar Family Choice District of Columbia offers a variety of monthly virtual events for you and your family.
New Enrollee Orientations: Learn more about your health plan services, benefits, and rights.
Enrollee Advisory Committee: Share your thoughts about our healthcare services. Your opinion can help make MedStar Family Choice District of Columbia better for you and all enrollees.
Health Education Classes:
- Maternity Mondays. Expectant and new mothers learn about the best safe sleep practices for your baby. Attend and receive a FREE Cribette!
- Health Forums. Learn about topic relating to women’s health, men’s health, and more from physicians and/or experts.
Exercise and Cooking Classes:
- Diabetes Management & Cooking Classes: Receive diabetes education from registered instructors with healthy tips and resources to manage A1c levels. Learn to cook healthy great tasting meals from a professional chef, and get recipe cards, groceries and fresh produce for the virtual cooking class.
- Foodie Fridays: Manage your weight, learn to read labels, and eat healthy on a budget.
- Wellness Wednesdays: Join our fitness instructors and learn how to reduce stress through yoga, mindfulness, cycling, and more.
- Community Resource Roundtable: Learn about services and resources provided by our community partners for support with housing, employment, food access, education/training and more.
For more information about these classes, call the Outreach department at 855-798-4244, press 1, and then press 2. If you need transportation or interpretation services, the Outreach department can assist with this as well.